[OM] Re: ORF to DNG what do I lose

Subject: [OM] Re: ORF to DNG what do I lose
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 18:03:57 -0500
I shoot raw these days about 98% of the time but there was also a time
that I didn't so I do have images that are JPEG only.  I've also been
caught a couple of times running out of card space (not recently) and
was forced to switch to JPEG to finish shooting.

I find ACR useful for a JPEG because I prefer the ACR interface for
exposure and color balance adjustments.  I rarely do anything precise on
white balance... my Whi-Bal is usually relegated to a pocket in the
camera bag.  My white balance is correct when it pleases my eye.

Chuck Norcutt