[OM] Re: last plea for quality of E-3 dynamic range

Subject: [OM] Re: last plea for quality of E-3 dynamic range
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 11:28:48 -0500
Dpreview is far better than anything else that's out there for testing
but the only thing I consider to be "standardized" testing is the studio
image which is JPEG and only ever shot at ISO 100 or the lowest normal
ISO level.  His noise tests are also JPEG's and allow the camera to do
its normal noise reduction.  He occasionally takes shots of old military
vehicles under low light at high ISO but these are very inconsistent in
both how and if they are done.

I think what's needed to really show what the camera can do is the same
studio shot he normally does (or something similar) but at the highest
ISO levels and lowered illumination.  I know I suggested a T-32 before
but maybe a 60 watt incandescent bulb far enough away to need 1/30 or
slower shutter speed at high ISO's could better simulate real world low
light shooting conditions.  And JPEG's are fine but we also need the raw
files.

Chuck Norcutt