[OM] Re: last plea for quality of E-3 dynamic range

Subject: [OM] Re: last plea for quality of E-3 dynamic range
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 17:25:09 -0500
It doesn't bother me what the camera manufacturer wants to call raw as
long as he's not handing me voltage levels or photon counts.  No matter
how much or little processing is done by the hardware or firmware we can
only compare what we're handed.  I'm simply suggesting that we start
with the lowest common level.

And I agree about large photo sites which is why I own a 5D.  But maybe
the E-3 is as quiet at 1600 as the 5D is at 3200 and maybe that's plenty
good enough for some.  Wouldn't be for me since I already find 3200 a
bit limiting at times.

Chuck Norcutt