[OM] Re: E3 review

Subject: [OM] Re: E3 review
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 08:30:37 EST

In a message dated 12/29/2007 6:23:57 A.M. Central Standard Time,
john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Well the  review of the E3 finally appeared in todays issue of Amateur
Photographer,  along with a letter inviting me to renew my subscription
- which I will  decline (more of that later).

Suprise , suprise, The  review  compares the camera to the Nikon D3 and
the Canon 1D MK3 and blithely  states that it "doesn't really compete"
as a professional  camera.

On the other hand, "Digital Camera", another UK publication gives it a very
positive review, with an "Editor's Choice " stamp of approval.  To quote  from
their article, "The range of Zuiko lenses for Olympus D-SLRs is second to
none in terms of optical results and build quality."   They go on to  tout the
new auto focus, screen, build and metering.  They give it a 91%  rating and
compare it to the Sony Alpha A-700 and the Nikon D 300. Now I'm  not going to
get
my panties all balled up because they didn't compare it to one  of the higher
end Canon/Nikon offerings.  We need to remember it is the  photographer
standing behind the camera who makes the difference.  I have  16 x 20 images
done
with an e-1 that almost any Canon or Nikon user would be  proud to call their
own. Heck, that could be said for some portraits I did  of my grandchildren
done with a point and shoot Canon digital.  About  the only compelling reason I
could come up with for my looking at either a  Canon or Nikon would be if I was
willing to spring for some of their higher end  lens offerings.  I'm not.
Again, boys and girls, it ain't the  tool . . .   <[B^)  Bill  Barber