[OM] Re: E3 review

Subject: [OM] Re: E3 review
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 21:03:04 -0500
Winsor Crosby wrote:
>  No one here is bashing Pentax even though most of use other cameras. The
> Nikon bashing makes me wonder whether you are not really happy with
> your choice after all and have to do it to justify it to yourself.

My particular camera was not in the comparison as it is just a $600
camera, so I was not talking about it, nor is it marketed to compete
with cameras costing over $1700 like the E-3. My main point was those
buying purely because of name, and thinking that will be what gives them
better images. Its just not the case. I wasn't "bashing" Nikon as the
actual cameras, just the price premium based on name that still causes
others to "bash" the alternate brands. In this thread it was Olympus,
not Pentax.

I'm extremely happy with my camera because I spend the time learning
what it can do, rather than making an opinion on it based on expecting
it to be designed with identical ergonomic decisions as a Nikon, and
when it differs, its time to dismiss the camera without spending time to
understand what has been done instead.

Many testers come to their decisions this way, and Olympuses, Pentaxes,
etc. end up sounding like they fall short.

My little K10D is nothing compared to what the K20D is going to be, but
this thread was based on the negative E-3 rating in Amateur
Photographer, not my Pentax (they really liked the K10D).