[OM] E3 review

Subject: [OM] E3 review
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:23:30 +0000 (GMT)
Well the review of the E3 finally appeared in todays issue of Amateur
Photographer, along with a letter inviting me to renew my subscription
- which I will decline (more of that later).

Suprise , suprise, The  review compares the camera to the Nikon D3 and
the Canon 1D MK3 and blithely states that it "doesn't really compete"
as a professional camera.
Further on in the review it complains that the Olympus 14-45 f3.5/5.6
produces colour fringing with the E3...put on a budget lens and then
complain about the results....sometimes you can't win!
To my mind the whole review is very shallow and seems biased about
4/3rds in general.
Scores the camera at 82% with Eos 1D MK3 at 93% and Nikon D3 at 95%

Regarding my subscription to AP, I do not know what other UK readers
think but I feel it it no longer value for money. As a weekly
publication I often find it has nothing of interest - apart from the
adverts - and the reviews seem very prejudiced, with the notable
exception of the lens tests by Geoffrey Crawley.
I think I will just buy it when it actually has something of interest.

Regards
  John Duggan,
     Wales, UK

Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo! For Good
http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/