[OM] Good experience with E-3

Subject: [OM] Good experience with E-3
From: "Michael Wong" <mialop@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 18:53:27 +0800
My friend has got a E-3 with HLD-4, 14-54/2.8-3.5. My first impression is
very large for the size, and quite heavy. But it gives you very solid
handling.
The LCD is enough large (although it's smaller than D300/D3). The color
performance is pretty good, both in JPEG & RAW. It's much attractive for me
& I do not like the color performance of direct JPEG output of C & N.

I am appreciated that the size of VF is much larger than older models (but
still much smaller than my SLR ~_~ ). I think Olympus accepts customer's
comment & going to improve, well done!

I also have a complaint that there is not enough button on the body for
setting. It's not convenient that go into the menu to change setting.

I'd suggest E-3 combination to a newbie as below:-
E3 + ZD12-60/2.8-4 + FL36R + ZD 35/3.5 Marco

There will be around HK$23,000 & I saw some samples of ZD12-60/2.8-4 are
very good. An excellent lens for general purpose.

If one day I consider to switch to digital. I'd consider to sell all my
Nikon stuffs & ZF lenses to switch to E-3 but will apply ZD 50/2 Marco
instead of ZD 35/3.5 Marco :p

--
Michael