[OM] Re: Good experience with E-3

Subject: [OM] Re: Good experience with E-3
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 13:32:30 +0000
Here are some comments on yours, Michael.
On 29 Dec 2007, at 10:53, Michael Wong wrote:

> I am appreciated that the size of VF is much larger than older
> models (but
> still much smaller than my SLR ~_~ ). I think Olympus accepts
> customer's
> comment & going to improve, well done!
They seem to be relying on the greater use of Live View; I reckon that
viewfinders will get no larger now.

> I also have a complaint that there is not enough button on the body
> for
> setting. It's not convenient that go into the menu to change setting.

I don't know how much of a play you had with the camera, Michael, but
many of the buttons have 2 functions, depending on which wheel you
turn.  In addition, some of the buttons can be assigned to different
functions.  Finally, the LCD monitor can be used to display the "Super
Control Panel" which is a very quick way of changing settings.

> I'd suggest E-3 combination to a newbie as below:-
> E3 + ZD12-60/2.8-4 + FL36R + ZD 35/3.5 Marco

I reckon the FL36R is going to be pretty expensive in the UK ...

> There will be around HK$23,000 & I saw some samples of ZD12-60/2.8-4
> are
> very good. An excellent lens for general purpose.

It's an attractive combination, I'm sure, but the lens is quite
expensive, in the UK at least, and it's quite a bit larger than the
14-54.  I have just bought the 11-22 to give me wider angle shots, but
I don't need to carry it all the time and the E-3/14-54 kit is
manageable in size if I am travelling light(er).

Chris