[OM] Re: Olympus E-3 hands-on: where?

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus E-3 hands-on: where?
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 06:09:03 -0800
In this same vein, I had a fairly disquieting conversation with a
salesman in about the only 'local' chain left to us in the greater
Seattle area (Tall's camera).  The same store where I just recently
acquired the E-510 (late summer as I recall).  Anyway, I was lamenting
the fact that he had scarcely any Oly digital gear (an E-410 kit and a
flash and one or two lenses).  His comment was that the rest of the
stuff had been sent to one of the larger stores (Tall's still has a
handful of stores in the region... 6 to be exact) to be cleared out, and
his understanding was that after the first of the year Tall's wouldn't
carry Olympus any longer, at least the digital SLR stuff.  Then he said
that the latest topic of friendly wagering within the sales people there
was whether the next to 'go under' would be Oly or P*ntax.

I know a lot of this is just idle banter from a counter salesperson, but
further discussion with him revealed that he at least knew something
about the wares he was selling.
Frustrating.