[OM] Re: Olympus E-3 hands-on: where?

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus E-3 hands-on: where?
From: marc simon <marc.simon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:05:41 +0100
hi all,

Timpe, Jim a écrit :
> In this same vein, I had a fairly disquieting conversation with a
> salesman in about the only 'local' chain left to us in the greater
> Seattle area (Tall's camera).  The same store where I just recently
> acquired the E-510 (late summer as I recall).  Anyway, I was lamenting
> the fact that he had scarcely any Oly digital gear (an E-410 kit and a
> flash and one or two lenses).  His comment was that the rest of the
> stuff had been sent to one of the larger stores (Tall's still has a
> handful of stores in the region... 6 to be exact) to be cleared out, and
> his understanding was that after the first of the year Tall's wouldn't
> carry Olympus any longer, at least the digital SLR stuff.
another example: my son was in San Francisco last week and I've asked
him to bring me back a 50mm ZD macro...I've asked before on the list and
Moose and Jeff has suggested Ritz Camera...
So my son goes at a Ritz store...and the saleswomen  told him  that
they  don't  have it   and none  of the  Ritz store  in San Francisco
have Olympus  lenses...and  she don't  think  that there is a  store  in
San Francisco  with Olympus  lenses in stock...so he goes  to other
shops  like Gasers and other ones  without success :(
Fortunately another store suggested by Moose and Jeff was Calumet...and
like they have a chat space on their website, I received  the
confirmation  that they  have one in stock  at San Francisco,
fortunately:  the first answer  of the salesman  was  "no, we don't have
it..."  But my son  have  insisted... the manager  came and the lens is
now in my hands ;)
so if you want an Olympus...you need to be prepared to a difficult
challenge...
regards
marc
bois-de-villers Belgium