[OM] Re: monitor calibration hardware, reference questions

Subject: [OM] Re: monitor calibration hardware, reference questions
From: "IanG" <ian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:55:57 -0000
I have an even older spyder + printfix printer profiler

The printfix side - colorvision do not maintain support for all printers so
be careful that whatever you get gives on going support. Specifically, they
will not support my R1800 but I swapped to Ilford Galerie paper and use
Ilford profiles which are good enough for most work that I do.

The spyder still works fine and gives excellent color calibration results on
LCDs. BUT it struggles to get brightness levels matched to print output.
Specifically, I have an old Eizo LCD that calibrates to perfection - what
you see is what you print but I also have a Dell 2405 monitor which
calibrates for colour no problem but all prints have to be tweaked with PS
levels otherwise they are way too dark.

TBH I now find it easier, cheaper and better quality to send files out to
internet print shops now, I only print at home for rush proofs.