[OM] Re: monitor calibration hardware, reference questions

Subject: [OM] Re: monitor calibration hardware, reference questions
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 15:32:51 -0500
I use a Monaco OPTIX colorimeter that was part of a larger
monitor/printer/scanner profiling package special price deal at a photo
seminar.  Seems to work fine and it handles my old Samsung SyncMaster
CRT without complaint.  I'm waiting until I can't wait any longer to go
LCD since good LCD's are still much more expensive than this mid-priced
CRT was.

For the bible on color management see:  "Real World Color Management" by
Bruce Fraser, Chris Murphy and Fred Bunting.  If there's any shortcoming
to this book it would only be that it contains more than you want to know.
<http://www.amazon.com/Real-World-Color-Management-2nd/dp/0321267222/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1197490909&sr=1-1>

As I wrote above "more than you want to know" I was chuckling to myself
recalling a story my wife told me when my daughter was about 5.  She
asked: "Mom, how does the faucet handle turn off the water?".  My wife
said: "Go ask your father."  To which, my daughter replied: "No, I just
want to know how it turns the water off."

Chuck Norcutt