[OM] monitor calibration hardware, reference questions

Subject: [OM] monitor calibration hardware, reference questions
From: Mike Darling <miked2002@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:07:02 -0500
Hello all -

Been lurking for a while, but look to be more active in the new year
what with the new darkroom (wet) renewing some enthusiasm.

But for now I have a question or two to all you digital-types:

Does anyone have practical experience with consumer/prosumer grade
monitor calibration tools? Specifically I'm looking at the Huey Pro,
Spyder 2 Pro, and Gretag EyeOne Display 2. Displays they'd be used on
include a MacBook Pro LCD or two, and several CRTs that haven't died
yet.

Also any suggestions on good reference texts for the whole color
correction workflow? Output would be to an Epson inkjet, with
Photoshop CS being the software of choice, so I'd prefer to stay away
from books that deal only with newer versions of PS.

-mike, in Nj