[OM] Re: OT - weather station - and barometric pressure

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - weather station - and barometric pressure
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 21:26:44 +1000
Frank van Lindert wrote:
> Hello Ian.
>
> Having been a professional meteorologist for over 30 years years, I
> feel obliged to stop list lurking and give you an appropriate answer.
> I don't trust my own digital weather station (Davis) too much for its
 > forecast...

Aside from your distrust :) can your own use of a Davis digital weather
station be considered a strong recommendation for them in light of your
former occupation, and, if so, would your former colleagues have any
differing opinions as to the "best" digital weather station. That is, is
Davis unanimously great, or are the differences of opinion among
meterologists as strong and varied as opinion of camera brands amongst
photographers ;) (professionals or otherwise)?

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz