[OM] Re: OT - weather station - and barometric pressure

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - weather station - and barometric pressure
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:37:59 +0100
Hello Ian,

Indeed you MUST NOT correct for any altitude difference but just copy
the Kloten reading (or any better reading you've got) into your own
barometer. Then you will have the mean seal level (MSL) reading, since
Kloten certainly has corrected for its own altitude!

And to remind you: Every 10m altitude will give a negative misreading
of about 1 hPa (or mbar, as we used to call it). So the MSL correction
made by all weather stations on the globe is really mandatory!

Frank.