[OM] Re: OT - weather station - and barometric pressure

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - weather station - and barometric pressure
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 21:00:38 +0000
That sounds like a series of bad decisions, certainly ...

... mind you, I remember flying from Goose Bay and not knowing from
one day to the next what the weather would be like.  The forecaster
would give us actuals for Goose Bay and Churchill Falls and his best
guess for the wilderness over which we would be flying.  But then I
think that the USAF's weathermen gave up forecasting, as such over 20
years ago.  I only ever got actuals and a trend from them; and any
questions would be met with answers hedged about with qualifications
or caveats ...

I hope that all here are not suffering unduly from the latest cold
snap in the US.

Chris