[OM] camera advice

Subject: [OM] camera advice
From: "Matthew Granger" <matthewcharlesgranger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 15:47:22 +1100
Hi all

There are bits and pieces of discussions going on in other threads that are
of great interest to me, but I am keen to get pointed advice from you guys
on the topic of which camera to buy.

I currently have an e500, with the two kit lenses, - OM lenses: a 50mm zuiko
prime, 135mm (possibly damaged) sigma, an odd 0.42x converter that screws
onto the 50mm, and a 28-200mm Kalimar macro lens.

I have only been shooting a few years, and chose the E500 mainly due to
budget, it has international warranty and the option to use my fathers old
OM lenses.

As I get more and more into photography, and my budget increases, I am keen
to move up the ranks a little. I don't want to sink too much into
accessories that would then need to be sold off second hand if I jump ship
to Nkn or Cnon. I would like to get something that has a good array of
second hand lenses, and will bridge the gap between enthusiastic learner, to
true enthusiast (with aim to do some part time commercial work). My LONG
term goal is to skill up and hope to move into it as my primary work – at
which stage I would want to be using a system that goes right up to
professional – which is how I got to Nkn or Cnon.

My heart was stolen by the Nkn D200 at the time I got the e500. As the price
drops I am really considering it.

I would love people's advice– how does the olymp range match up to 40D / 5D
etc, or d200 D3 etc?

Obviously plusses or minuses for each?

Thanks in advance.

--