[OM] Re: Walking and shooting in Brooklyn - OT equipment

Subject: [OM] Re: Walking and shooting in Brooklyn - OT equipment
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 14:33:30 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I somehow missed the things thing.  Got lost in the tree and forgot to
> wend my way back up I guess.  Haven't seen it all yet but I really like
> this one for reasons I can't put my finger on
> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Brooklyn/Things/All%20Things/slides/_MG_3224.html>
> and this one
> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Brooklyn/Things/All%20Things/slides/_MG_3234cor.html>
> and this one

A little more about this one. I suppose it's all those years shooting
slides and projecting them. A lot of people think once you've pushed the
button, that's it, what the camera, lens and processor give you is what
you get.

On that basis, this shot is a lost cause - and I would not be using the
lens I use. With cropping, lens distortion correction, perspective
correction and the other usual post processing, it's rather nice. (The
'original' is probably not quite as good as the full size, as I didn't
do any sharpening in the downsizing.)
http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Process/Brooklyn/_MG_3234.htm

Different tools, different rules, different results.

Moose