[OM] Re: Walking and shooting in Brooklyn - OT equipment

Subject: [OM] Re: Walking and shooting in Brooklyn - OT equipment
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 02:10:23 -0500
Moose wrote:
> Thanks! I was wondering how far it is from your stomping grounds.
I don't live in the city.

Though I was born in Brooklyn (Sheepshead Bay), I left when I was 4
years old, and had a summer job there once in the early 80's with
Nabisco. I am now in tree-lined suburbia. Quiet, but just neighborhoody
enough where I'm not in reclusion, and close enough at about 25 minutes
from the closest part of Bklyn, and 35 minutes from Manhattan (went to
school at SVA) to have the city action available (or not) - easily.

> no mountain lion closer than the park.he swore he would never see snow
At least until one forgets that you've made that official decree, - and
stops a bit closer to snatch a kid. :)

Thanks to Global Warming there's hardly any snow anymore, and temps are
higher than they used to be. Though, I'm not that worldly in that
(knock-on-wood) there's been no weather catastrophes or natural
disasters here in this part of NY for me to experience in my entire life
(1962). Just enough variance to not make the weather monotonous.