[OM] Re: Walking and shooting in Brooklyn - OT equipment

Subject: [OM] Re: Walking and shooting in Brooklyn - OT equipment
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 17:14:33 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I somehow missed the things thing.  Got lost in the tree and forgot to
> wend my way back up I guess.  Haven't seen it all yet but I really like
> this one for reasons I can't put my finger on
> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Brooklyn/Things/All%20Things/slides/_MG_3224.html>

Interesting. I rather liked that house, as you can see. 3224 as you see
it is quite different than in the original. The street is narrow and
lined with big trees, so the only shot is on the sidewalk right in
front, looking up. It is one of the illustrations for an article on
perspective correction I'm preparing for zone-10.com.
> and this one
> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Brooklyn/Things/All%20Things/slides/_MG_3234cor.html>

I'm glad. A low key vignette that appealed to me.
> and this one
> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Brooklyn/Things/All%20Things/slides/_MG_3243.html>

Ah yes, a lovely building. The next shot is simply looking up from the
same place at the stairwell skylight. They are in the Brooklyn (neé Long
Island) Historical Society building, part of the exterior of which is
yet the next shot, 3249.

The skylight is another perspective correction example, as a straight
shot at it wasn't possible.
> I also forgot to mention the "Picture Man"
> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Brooklyn/People/Favorites/slides/_MG_3365cr.html>
> Might this be him?  If it is it's got to be the guy on the left.  Not
> the one with the camera.
> <http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0DE2DA1730F93AA25752C0A9659C8B63>

I think not, *"Bruce Davidson* was born in Chicago in a Jewish family of
Polish origins" :-)   Also see my reply to Bob W.
Thanks for looking.

Moose