[OM] Re: Walking and shooting in Brooklyn - OT equipment

Subject: [OM] Re: Walking and shooting in Brooklyn - OT equipment
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 21:09:23 +1000
Moose wrote:
> This was quite an ambitious project for me, and I would appreciate any
> feedback on content and/or organization/presentation, positive or not.
> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Brooklyn/index.html>

This is a beautiful, strong profile:

<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Brooklyn/People/slides/_MG_3380cr.html>

It reminds me of that Annie Leibovitz profile shot of Willie Nelson.

There's some magnificent selective-focus here, that I find very
appealing (in both its focus and out-of-focus bits):

<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Brooklyn/People/All%20People/slides/_MG_3306cr.html>

This is wonderful, reminding me of the apparent peace at the very start
of 'A Streetcar Named Desire':

<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Brooklyn/People/All%20People/slides/_MG_3309.html>
I know, wrong city, but there's that feel of "evening" and "doorstep
conversation"/Elysian Fields Avenue about it that triggers that memory
for me. That's meant as a good thing. :)

An eye for a humourous contrast is always welcome here:

<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Brooklyn/People/All%20People/slides/_MG_3315cr.html>

This is looking like one of my favourites, even though I'm seeing it in
black and white:

<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Brooklyn/People/All%20People/slides/_MG_3320cr2sii.html>

Very...interesting, the following, particularly in its quality of having
two clear "flavours" of light:

<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Brooklyn/People/All%20People/slides/_MG_3350rotcr.html>

It also calls curiosity - just what was being said sung or said or
staged. Like I say, interesting. It's already chasing my last "favourite".

Finally, part of me - the part of my brain that controls my stomach -
loves this one most of all:

<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Brooklyn/People/All%20People/slides/_MG_3258.html>
My only criticism is that that hand is not my hand, dammit. ;-)

I think the presentation is good. I like the previews of the previous
and next images available as small thumbnails either side of the current
image. I also like the presentation of photos against simple black, and
it's what I am aiming for (I'm currently trying to rework my gallery
from scratch using the 'Gallery' software).

Thanks, Moose. They're an enjoyable set. My apologies for brevity in my
comments - there are a lot of photos, and I sitting in a warm, ethanol
haze on a Sunday evening, so my own focus is rather unreliable at the
moment. I will say that New York is, and always has been, a place I wish
to eventually spend some time - just visiting, but hopefully not a
"flying visit" - so I always enjoy such photos, even more so when
they're from another visitor.

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz