[OM] Re: OM lenses for Digital E-series camera

Subject: [OM] Re: OM lenses for Digital E-series camera
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 17:41:12 -0800 (PST)
Chuck wrote:
> I don't recall seeing your pelican shot before with the 300/4.5.  I
> like it.

Thank you.  It was taken with Joel Wilcox' 300/4.5.  An excellent
lens and it remains one of my favorite Zuikos. The Bokeh
characteristics of this lens are exceptional and the images are
3D'ish.

I believe the reason why Olympus recommended certain lenses and
aperture ranges is because of the failure to meter properly outside
of those apertures. As long as you use manual-exposure or chimp for
proper exposure-offset you'll be ok. But I am one to push equipment
to the limits.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com