[OM] Re: filter rec. for 12-60mm

Subject: [OM] Re: filter rec. for 12-60mm
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 14:16:12 -0600
> My personal opinion is that this is a bunch of hooey.  If you have an AR
> coated filter (even an old one) it should be coated on both sides.

My initial, uneducated reaction is to agree with you, and I have seen no
information to change it. The one thing that bothers me is that some filter
manufacturers might have been blowing off the back side as a cost savings
without sharing that fact.

I have always believed that all surfaces of modern (by that I mean since
multi coating) lenses have been coated. Older single coated lenses may or
may not have. A simple three or four element lens may profit less from
extensive coating.

Bill Pearce