[OM] Re: filter rec. for 12-60mm

Subject: [OM] Re: filter rec. for 12-60mm
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 17:02:23 -0500
I agree, but would amend that to suggest on stormy coastal days when
salty spindrift is a'flying, something like a clear protective filter
is not out of place. Maybe even something one could run under tap
water to begin the cleaning process. I know my lenses can handle a
lot of abuse, but sometimes when the wind's blowing all that salty
spray around, I get a little paranoid. For the most part, I don't use
anything but a polarizer, and I don't even put the protective filter
on if the wind's at my back.

--Bob