[OM] Re: now i've done it, was Re: filter rec. for 12-60mm

Subject: [OM] Re: now i've done it, was Re: filter rec. for 12-60mm
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 12:59:07 -0700
siddiq@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Well, i've gone and done it. Adorama had the E3/12-60 combo. plus the
> MF1 to use my legacy zuikos, a c-pol and skylight (hoya, nothing
> fancy), just because i do tend to shoot in rain and more of that
> coming this winter. even got 3day shipping just because i want it
> before the 4-5day weekend :D

Something doesn't feel right here.  The DZ 12-60 (as a representative
example) is supposed to be available from Amazon.com with next-day
shipping, and there are people on dpreview.com claiming that they've
already ordered and received shipping confirmation from the partner
(IIRC, 17th Street Photo in NYC).  Now Adorama's also claiming they've
got them as part of a kit offering, and yet the 600-pound gorilla of
this group, B&H Photo, doesn't even list the 12-60 on its site as a "New
Item - Coming Soon".

Anybody understand what's going on?  I was under the impression that the
12-60 would be available nowhere in North America prior to the middle of
December (and the new 50-200 in mid-January 2008).

Garth