[OM] Aperture and printing with epson 890 - frustrating!

Subject: [OM] Aperture and printing with epson 890 - frustrating!
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 09:31:47 +0100
I dug out my old epson photo 890 and bought a new toner cartridge to see
how it works now that we have such excellent software like aperture and
lightroom.

  I downloaded the latest driver and clicked print from aperture -
result very dissapointing with lots of banding and it seems you can't
set it to hi res printing, so after googling or yahooing as I prefer I
fired up my mostly untouched copy of lightroom, downloaded latest update
and after sorting out the unable to switch mode problem clicked print -
still banding.

so then I exported the image and copied it to my windoze XP environment
in parallels and fired up qimage which i bought years ago, great I could
select paper and resolution etc, but it stall after printing 1/3 of the
page. So back I went to fiiddling with aperture and lightroom to no
avail, so once again I tried qimage again, and this time with some
fiddling I finally get a reasonable print (ignroing brightness and
colour from lack of calibration).

so my question is, with aperture being my preferred workflow and wanting
to print to A-3 do modern printers also suffer the same fate with
aperture or is it an epson only problem because they are not properly
supporting it on the Mac

I had forgotten how frustrating printing is, but I would like to make
soem A3 size prints one day.

--
Iechyd da
IanW