[OM] Re: Aperture and printing with epson 890 - frustrating!

Subject: [OM] Re: Aperture and printing with epson 890 - frustrating!
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 09:37:18 +0000
I suppose it depends on what controls the printing, the system or the
printer.  You can select either with Aperture or Lightzone and I
expect it's the same with LightRoom.  You might want to switch from
System Managed to a Printer Driver, but if you do, remember not to do
any fiddling with the colour in the Print dialogue box.

You can always select paper and dpi; with Aperture you use the
Printer Settings button in Aperture's print dialogue box and when you
select Print, the print takes place without then going through the
OS's print dialogue.  Whereas with Photoshop the Print goes through
first the application's dialogue box then the OS's.

It is true that Epson are pretty useless at maintaining their printer
drivers.  When I print I check the Preview first just to make sure
that every last detail is going to be right.

Chris