[OM] [OT] Leopard upgrade - was Re: Re: Aperture and printing with epson

Subject: [OM] [OT] Leopard upgrade - was Re: Re: Aperture and printing with epson 890 - frustrating!
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 12:16:37 +0100
I have leopard. It seems  much faster on the intel based machines, but I
can't decide if its slower on my old work G4 with  1.4Ghz sonnet CPU,
its is useable however. I am not sure of the benefits yet though as
really it was only spaces I was after although the finder is nicer I
haven't explored to far.

upgrading was relatively painless, an upgrade to exisiting disk on
macbook worked fine with all applications etc  working after apart from
the NDAS disk. A clean install to fresh disk on macpro and then import
user applications and settings lost the aperture serial and also missing
sync and parallels had to be reinstalled.

I think for intel it may be worth upgrading but maybe not for powerpc
users unless you want some particular functionality

--
Iechyd da
IanW