[OM] Re: E3 Specials

Subject: [OM] Re: E3 Specials
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 19:27:18 +1100
Proper quiche, as in Quiche Lorraine, is a fairly solid egg and bacon
pie. And I do mean lots of eggs, cream and bloody great big chunks of
cured and smoked dead pig in a heavy crust. It is unhealthy unless
you are a hard-working farmer and downright delicious.
It's only in recent years that sloppy messes and feeble vegetarian
girlie  abominations have crept timorously on to our plates in the
guise of quiche. They are no such thing. Resist this vile trend. No
quiche EVER contains spinach or any other wet leaf apart from a
little herb perhaps, no goat cheese, no chunks of sweet potato or
tomato and NO low fat components at all. What has been done to the
noble quiche by unfettered yuppies is a disgrace only transcended by
that other less precious nonsense, the culinary dustbin we laughingly
call Pizza. It is as if they sit awake nights wondering what unlikely
and cretiinously vegan components can be glued together with a few
overdiluted organic free range eggs.
Resist - recover the true peasant quiche. Hurl that sloppy mess on
your plate in in the general direction of the pretentious twat who
thinks he's a chef - and isn't even a cook. Demand and revive the
genuine recipe and damn the calories - it's real bloke food.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx