[OM] Low light photography

Subject: [OM] Low light photography
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:54:03 +0100 (BST)
Hi all. Some totally on topic advice needed :-)
    In a few weeks I have the opportunity to take photo's in a mining
museum.
 There is no problem regarding above ground photography It is
encouraged and it is a half hour drive to repeat photo's as many times
as I need to get the results I am looking for. (digital and film)  and
admission to all museums is free.
   The icing on the cake is that I have been given permission to take
photographs underground (this is VERY rarely given...I have been trying
to  get this for years)
    Even as a mining museum it comes under various mines and factories
acts. This means that No batteries or electrical equipment is allowed
undeground (explosion risk) "wind up" mechanical watches only.
  This means obviously no digital cameras, No elecrically dependant
35mm film cameras. No metering systems no flash...and of course very
little light underground.
  How do you take a photo of a black cat in a coal cellar?

   First ideas.. OM1n or OM3 or Leica M6..batteries removed. 24, 28 or
35mm lens.
 Tripod, fast film..but how fast? Black + white
  At pit bottom, and various places underground there is a low level of
electric light..and of course I will have an electric head lamp - as
will my guide.

I intend taking a few Guided trips underground first to try to spot
possible photographic opportunities before hand but any ideas or advice
will be gratefully appreciated....I might only have one opportunity for
this.

Regards
  John Duggan,
     Wales, UK