[OM] Re: Low light photography

Subject: [OM] Re: Low light photography
From: Ton Maas <tonmaas@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 18:51:37 +0200
Sorry for intruding (I'm usually just lurking),
but I have had some experience going down into a
German coal mine some years ago. I even had to
remove the mercury cell of my then OM-1. Any
potential source of electric discharge had to be
eliminated. The mining company was able to
provide a completely sealed flash unit (probably
designed for underwater work), but as I had a few
rolls of the then new Kodak 3200 ASA B&W film, I
decided to shoot with just the helmet lights.
When I showed my prints to the mining execs
later, they couldn't believe their eyes.

Ton