[OM] Re: Sony A-700 Announcement...

Subject: [OM] Re: Sony A-700 Announcement...
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 08:15:47 -0700 (PDT)
Garth wrote:
> This intrigues me for several reasons.  Like a lot of people on
> this List, I bought the old A1 as a "bridge" digital camera...
> ...The A1 pleasantly surprised me with its capabilities,...

At the risk of suffering the wrath of our resident night-owl, I have
to agree with Garth on all this.  I still absolutely love my A1 and
use it as my go everywhere, shoot anything camera. It obviously has
limitations, but Minolta nailed it with this camera. The flash system
is outstanding, the ergonomics fantastic and the controls are second
to none.

Would I consider a Sony FF DSLR?  Sure, why not?  IF they hold to the
original concept of a 9D, it would be a camera of the ages--an
instant classic. I fear, however, that Sony is going to muck it up
with their "dumbing it down for the masses" mentality. As long as it
is designed as a PROFESSIONAL TOOL, they'll be ok. But even at that,
I wouldn't buy one until it has been out long enough to prove its
reliability. There's been a lot of QC issues with previous products.

2008 looks to be a good year for photographers, regardless of the
brand.  Now about that Pentax 645 digital...

AG

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/