[OM] Re: E-3 announcement

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 announcement
From: "Leandro DUTRA" <leandro.gfc.dutra@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 18:56:36 -0300
2007/9/5, Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Leandro DUTRA wrote:
> > Other makers welcome lenses makers — not other body makers.
> Really? Kodak has made bodies for both Canon and Nikon mounts. Fuji has
> made a number of bodies and just recently released the S5 Pro using a
> Nikon mount.

As I said, there is a difference between special agreements and an
open standard.

> And as far as open goes on the lens end of things - you probably can't
> beat Pentax - the new Pentax digis us virtually all of the old Pentax
> bayonet mount lenses - that is a LOT of legacy lenses from a LOT of makers!

Heard of that, sure is commendable.  But they are still big, heavy
legacy lenses.

If that was what I needed, I'd have considered Pentax — aren't them
also using the other relavant open standard, TIFF/EP-based DNG?

> If Olympus ever really delivers on their claims of a lighter
> and smaller system, combine it with good durability and deliver a
> compact zoom that covers the range of focal lengths I prefer I would
> probably pick one up for climbing, but as it is nobody (Olympus
> included) has done so.

Isn't E-410 light enough for you?  Or do you want it sealed?  Or is
the problems lenses?

> I like a number of features from individual bodies, but none
> has (so far) the combination of handling, viewfinder, and features I
> want. Lenses are a whole other issue that I won't get into at this point!

E-3 is supposed to fix the viewfinder, we'll see.

--
+55 (11) 5685 2219               xmpp:leandrod@xxxxxxxxxx
+55 (11) 9406 7191          Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra