[OM] Re: E-3 announcement

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 announcement
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 02:39:09 +0800
On 05/09/07, David Irisarri <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well Winsor,
>
> Bearing in mind Olympus is smaller than NIKON or CANON, they cannot
> produce professional cameras every nine months, changing only some small
> stupid features and adding or coping others like Live View. R&D is very
> expensive and every product must be studied very carefully before being
> launched.

Hear, hear.

Fourthirds sensor is much smaller than full frame so technology is much
> higher inside fourthirds sensors (to get same noise and resolution of
> full frame sensors). It´s not very difficult to guess that evolution of
> R&D on this type of sensors is slower vs full frame sensors. Every step
> is critical to create something new from the base.

Correct.

Olympus is really doing a great job to get something in a near future.
> What? Much higher quality a much lower price. Smaller, lighter and
> better quality is the key. I also think price will be around $2000 but
> technologically will be better than 40D and D300.

I've been trying to say that in the past as well.

Taking into account technology evolution, I bet a forthcoming E-4 in one
> year and a half. If not before.

Late next year, you could see something interesting.

Let´s see what happens.

--
"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of people" - Emily
Cox