[OM] Re: E-3 announcement

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 announcement
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 10:40:18 -0500
It looks to me that it will be at about the right price point to make it
compete with the D200. If past deeds are repeated, that's where it will be:
competeing with a nearl out of production camera.

Setting all considerations of image quality aside, and forgetting
photographers actual reproduction size, since in the commercial sense none
of that matters a bit, if it is a 10mp Panasonic sensor, Olympus is toast.
We MUST look at this in a commercial light. The lenses are quite good, but
are an investment that should last for more than one body. How, exactly,
most of us can justify a substantial lens investment when it could be plain
that the E3 will be the end of the trail, I don't know.

What the camera needs is a Kodak sensor of about 12MP. That will satisfy the
numbers crowd, and provide the same image quality that the E1 offered.

Bill Pearce