[OM] Re: E-3 announcement

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 announcement
From: David Irisarri <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 23:42:25 +0200
Hi Winsor,

I really appreciate your point of view and thank you for having
explained so thoroughly, as you clearly reveal your devotion for Olympus
technology and your frustration for not seeing Olympus in the top of the
top ;-)  Let me tell you something... like sometimes 1+1 isn´t  two, the
same happens with photography.

I remember those lovely articles from National Geographic where a
photographer used to take those prime lenses inside the bag with his
camera in the middle of Amazon river, quickly replacing a wide angle for
mid-telephoto for grabbing that scene..., because you should agree with
me that despite zoom optics and coatings are much better today, prime is
the only way to go, isn´t it?

SSWF is the first step. Why? For instance, sometimes happens that a
great idea has been developed and if it could be converted in something
real right now, it would blow away nowadays technology. Regrettably
always some important part from this idea can´t be developed with
technology from today. So it will be needed waiting for a while until
technology from tomorrow arrives and this idea becomes true.
Olympus is without any doubt a different company. They showed the whole
world that a SLR could be smaller (why not doing it again?), lighter
(why not doing it again?) and better (why not doing it again?) than any
other camera in the market but as everybody knows, money always makes a
difference. It´s needed a lot of money for a monster AD marketing
campain to reach everywhere. Sometimes a great idea is just only
something written in a sheet and a poor solution to one complex equation
is the eight world wonder ;-) and because quality isn´t 1+1, there are
many people who prefers a grainy picture vs a free noise image. ;-)
Fourthirds will be a truly standard very soon in photography and I know
you agree with that but everybody would prefer seeing it right now. The
only reason why CANON continues with full frame is the huge wide range
of lenses in the market they have. They are forced to continue this way
until one day it would be impossible to continue with such a stupid
idea. Something really interesting is that they have quietly introduced
sensor cleaning in a mid range camera but also live view. I suppose you
can understand the real reason of that. Hahahaha ;-) It´s like iPOD from
Apple; Microsoft was forced to take out a stupid MP3 player, otherwise
they will lose market. What´s happening with iPOD? People is starting to
see further. Let´s wait and see what happens with Fourthirds.

There is no point starting to argue about... sometimes for a monster
company like Matsushita is much better selling low-mid range than high
and expensive tech... but on the other hand, they are able to
manufacture whatever they wish because they have money!!! LG sells
low-mid range TFTs but was the first one in manufacturing a 30" s-ips
panel with an impressive color accuracy many years ago!!!

Everything you say about Nikon D2X, ISO 800, Canon 5D doesn´t convince
me Winsor.

What can I say? I can clearly see a solid backgorund behind Olympus
project and I want to live the life with it.

Regards,

Dave