[OM] Re: [OT] little rant on e-mail politeness

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] little rant on e-mail politeness
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 08:01:34 +1000
It was my understanding that one of the reasons for poor turn-out was
the scarcity of election booths and the fact that voting was on a
work day. I may have been misinformed (about the geography, that is!)
The 'angry people' was a reference to the voters - you know that
they're seething inside. :)
I hope those people actually got the instructions. Ours are never
staffed by volunteers - too open to problems. They are chosen by a
fairly rigorous process and then paid - not much but a fair daily
rate and some choose to donate it to the school where the booth is
situated. Some schools use it as a fundraiser, getting their staff
trained to run the booth and holding a cake stall or barbecue outside.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx