[OM] Re: [OT] little rant on e-mail politeness

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] little rant on e-mail politeness
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 09:06:17 -0400
No, I think it's much simpler than that.  For someone who it trying to
make a business of ebay transactions selling relatively low cost items,
time and fuel expended in going to the post office and filling out
customs forms is simply undesirable if you think you can sell the item
domestically.

Actually, the USPS system does support mailings from the comfort of your
own home by use of software that permits printing your own postage and
you can also arrange for parcel pickup.  Whether this extends to
international postage and customs forms I don't know.

In the past 43 years I have voted in four states and three different
locales within one of them.  All have been within a mile or two of my
home, typically a school gymnasium.  Never on a weekend but always
served by cheerful (mostly retiree) volunteers and never full of angry
people.  That also includes 10 years of voting in South Florida where we
used the famous hand punched cards which were subject to hanging chads.
  We were always instructed to check the back of the card and pull them
off if still dangling there.  I have no sympathy for those who don't
follow simple instructions.

Chuck Norcutt