[OM] Re: Picture without a camera

Subject: [OM] Re: Picture without a camera
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 10:13:55 +1000
And yet photography is referred to as 'painting with light'? :-)
The terms oil, acrylic, gouache and watercolour are mere niceties -
they are all paint and their use labels different styles and sub-sets
of painting.

The physical act of using Photoshop in this way bears many
resemblances to painting - I lay odds that he uses a tablet with the
pens set to brush mode much of the time; he'll have a preliminary
sketch; he lays on colours, selects them to mimic life, blends them,
restrains them, layers them.

Is an Illustration done in Adobe Illustrator any less of an
illustration because it was created digitally?

Phew! _ How'm I doing so far?
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx