[OM] Re: Olympus announces new lens, list member continues to toss coins

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus announces new lens, list member continues to toss coins in jar . . .
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:18:23 +1000
When my cousin and I set out to test the Fuji S5, we found at least
two stops additional in the highlights - white outdoor table on a
sunny day - compared to his D200. Oh yes, that's significant. Not
just the wedding frock but a shot like this -
http://www.pbase.com/afildes/image/80401820
with detail in the black areas and sun flaring off the polished metal
in quite harsh sunlight. There are still strong shadows because the
alternative was very bright reflections off the metal but it did
better than anything else I've used lately.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx