[OM] Re: Olympus announces new lens, list member continues to toss coins

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus announces new lens, list member continues to toss coins in jar . . .
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:28:35 -0400
For the first time ever I put the Canyon 5D on ISO 400 and "P" (for
professional) the other day while taking snapshots of my grandkids in a
local park with lots of mixed sun and shade.  It did well.  I didn't use
a flash but found that ACR's shadow control on raw files was generally
able to fix things... well, most things.  Too much of the shadow control
slider makes a flat looking image.  I'll have to try the green square
next.  The camera is probably smarter than me.

But Sony tells me the A1 (my choice for snapshooting) is now fixed and
on its way back.  I'll have to give the P mode and the green square a
try there too.

Chuck Norcutt