[OM] Re: Olympus announces new lens, list member continues to toss coi

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus announces new lens, list member continues to toss coi
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:57:23 -0700
Paul Braun wrote:
> And I vote for calling it the E/P-1/3.  With all those letters and
> numbers, it must be good.  As long as it's black.  Black cameras take
> better pictures.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I've always liked the look of black cameras
better.

However, I believe there is a reason beyond style or cost that virtually
all the small digis are silver. Black cameras absorb more heat than
sliver ones. Heat increases noise in digital sensors.

The heat effect is certainly real. I sat out in the yard once with OM-4,
black, and 300D, sliver, sitting by me in the modest sun. When I picked
them up a few minutes later to take a couple of film vs. digital shots,
the OM-4 was quite hot, not quite painful to hold for the first few
seconds. The 300D was only slightly warm.

So I think it's actually "Black cameras look better taking pictures."

Moose