[OM] Re: E-510 First Impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: E-510 First Impressions
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 12:45:05 -0700
One of the reviews I saw of the E410 said that Oly sharpens the output
to compensate for the noise reduction softness. He recommended
shooting with the sharpness at the minimum (-2) for ISO <400. I
believe he said for ISO 800 he had the lowest setting for noise
reduction above off and the sharpness set at -1. He also mentioned the
noise reduction doesn't change with ISO causing the default settings
for low ISO to have too much noise reduction and too much sharpening.
The default Olympus Master software settings use the camera settings
giving a result essentially the same as a jpg from the camera. He felt
Photoshop gave better results after just a little experimenting.

I haven't tried printing anything but pixel peeping some recent shots
made me believe it is a definite improvement over the E1. ... I was
shooting ISO 100.

-jeff