[OM] Re: E-510 First Impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: E-510 First Impressions
From: Richard <richard-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 13:59:08 -0700
Yes, return and exchange for a new one. Your blood pressure will go
down and you will get to enjoy shooting photos again instead of
testing equipments :-)

Definitely sounds like a dud. Why are you keeping it for so long?

At 12:40 PM 6/23/2007, Bob Whitmire wrote:

>OK, so based on another suggestion, I mounted the 50-200 on the
>E-510, put it in Live View, upped the magnification to 10x, and
>focused manually at f/5.6. Got a reasonably sharp image, both on the
>camera LCD and in ACR. Much sharper than I have been getting. But
>took the same shots using AF, and MF without LV, and right back to
>the super-soft images again. Which leads me to believe there's a
>malfunction in the focusing mechanism somewhere. Something that MF
>using LV at high mag overcomes.
>
>You folks that understand this stuff . . . does this ring a bell?

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)