[OM] Re: E-510 First Impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: E-510 First Impressions
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 10:51:18 -0500
Bob,
Sorry if I missed this, but did you A-B shots with and without IS on?

Also, did you try manual focus via live view to make sure that the
problem is not connected with AF?

Specifically, did you try a tripod-mounted shot with IS off and manual
focus confirmed via live view?  If not, I'd suggest that.  Again,
sorry if I missed this.

I am assuming that there is some kinship between the 330 and the 510
and I have had to exercise a considerable amount of distrust of the
AF, depending on the circumstances.  When the 330's AF is successful,
the results are sharp -- almost to the point of being too sharp.
Something must be wrong somewhere.

Joel W.