[OM] Re: E-510 First Impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: E-510 First Impressions
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 08:17:33 -0700 (PDT)
> In a word: Soft. And grainy. Shot at ISO 200. Way too fuzzy for
> anyone to take seriously. There are elements of the image that
> ought to be razor sharp and aren't.

Hmm. This sounds like the noise-reduction mode.  It is really mushing
things up.

The one issue that is really bugging me about the 410/510 is the
reduced dynamic range. This may be a showstopper for me.  I might be
digging around for a used E-400 yet.

There is a part of me that REALLY wants the new E-3 to have a Kodak
sensor. I always get a kick out of some of the discussions among my
fellow wedding photographers.  The topics almost always go back
around to dynamic range and post-processing.

AG

 for the edge of your seat?
http://tv.yahoo.com/