[OM] Re: E-410 vs E-510 and IS?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-410 vs E-510 and IS?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:43:46 -0400
Wasn't me that said anything about lens and body IS working or not
working together.  I'm ignorant on the point.  But I do like the IS on
my A1 and if I were trying to decided between 410 and 510 there'd be no
question, I'd choose the IS.  But then again I might choose K10D IS.

As to lens communication I can see that focal length might well be an
input parameter.  The camera's sensor is probably an inertial sensor but
probably doesn't know what any particular acceleration amounts to from
an angular displacement standpoint unless it has the focal length.  But
as you say, a kind manufacturer would allow the FL of an old lens to be
manually entered.

Chuck Norcutt