[OM] Re: E-410 vs E-510 and IS?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-410 vs E-510 and IS?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hans.van.veluwen@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 08:22:45 +0200
You can download the E-510 manual from the Olympus site. It specifically
says that if you use a lens with IS, one of the two must be switched
off.
Also when you mount the camera on a tripod body IS must be switched off.
Support of IS for manual lenses is not mentioned.

Hans

: Anyway, I have been thinking about these two different IS approaches,
the
: body IS and lens IS which I brought up a few days ago.  Someone
(Chuck?)
: said that if they are independent, they should work together while
other
: said that would never work.  As far as I can see, these two systems
should
: be able to work as long as they are independent