[OM] Re: E-410 vs E-510 and IS?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-410 vs E-510 and IS?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 22:10:45 -0700
Thanks that's interesting ...

Trying to dig further turned up a reference to a piezo electric motion
detector and said it was refered to as a gyro detector (I always
thought a gyro detector had a spinning wheel not a mass connected to a
piezo electric crystal).

I found a comparison of results at
http://www.neocamera.com/feature_stabilization_shootout.html

Canon provides a nice explanation
<http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=GetArticleAct&articleID=706&fromTips=1>

Panasonic is vague but might be implying they use both a piezo
electric motion sensor and an image processor examining the CCD?
http://www.panasonic-hk.com/av/english/dc/background.asp

-jeff