[OM] Re: canon 5d manual focus lenses which work well/poorly?

Subject: [OM] Re: canon 5d manual focus lenses which work well/poorly?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 18:22:44 -0700
There is backward compatibility in Canon and Nikon systems as well.
With Nikon it varies a bit depending on the camera which is, I
imagine, similar with Canon. I just bought a used 50mm 1.2 manual
focus lens(another gem from KEH) for my D200 and it meters just fine
with no special contortions to go through. While focus is dicey on
the screen manual focus confirmation is very precise. If the lens was
designed for an older mount originally by an independent lens maker
it should work as well.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA